Sunday, July 14, 2013

EPIK Limbo

June 16th.

Wait.  June 16th?!  What?

I have 4 more days of school left.  I'm not entirely sure what it is going to feel like when all of sudden I have no grading, no planning, no e-mails to send, and no photocopies to make.  This has been my life for the past ten months and all of a sudden, it will come to a screeching halt. The part that makes it most scary is that I'm still not certain about my future in the fall.

All of my documents have been submitted to EPIK.  I had a little bit of a set back once I mailed my original documents because not long after I mailed everything I realized that I had sent the wrong version of one of my reference letters (and of course that happened even after I checked everything a million times...figures.) I also had to send out another paper that I guess EPIK wants from people who have teaching experience (apparently it's a new thing for this term).  So, my documents got out a little later than I was hoping, but there are still plenty of positions, so I'm not all that concerned.

So now, all I do is wait...and wait.....and wait a little more.  I should know my placement by the end of June, but of course, I am hoping for it sooner rather than later.  Until then, I'm just kind of in EPIK limbo.

I still have mixed feelings about leaving.  It's been an internal tug of war for quite some time, and the fact that school is ending and I have to think about how I will never be in my classroom again, never see many of my students again, etc. makes it that much harder.  I've always been overly emotional about periods of my life coming to an end, and this is no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment