Saturday, August 10, 2013

T-minus 9 days

I am moving to Korea in a little over a week.  I haven't started to pack, and I still have plenty of errands to run.

Despite the fact that I know I'm leaving for the year, I don't think I can quite fathom the enormity of the changes I'm about to face.  Knowing something is completely different from feeling it, and I can't quite feel the weight of this decision yet.  Maybe it's just the fact that I've never lived outside of the country before, but I don't think I will feel like I'm really leaving America until I arrive in Korea.

In the meantime, I've been spending many of my final days in rehearsals at my dance studio for the show I'll be performing in next week....I'm not sure agreeing to be in a performance right before I leave the country for a year was the best decision...but what's done is done.  To make things more complicated, my church is also putting on its huge annual festival next weekend...talk about a whirlwind end to my time in the US.

In between the craziness of rehearsing and helping at the studio, I've been spending as much time as possible with my friends.  Although I don't know how it will feel to be away from them for the year, I know it's probably going to be harder than I can imagine.

It's strange, the application process for EPIK is long.  Like, really long.  Like 5-6 months long.  But you don't really have your place secured until July, and then BAM! The final countdown is on so quickly.

Despite the fact that I've pretty much known that I would be leaving for about 6 months, I feel like I don't have enough time to do everything I want before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment