Sunday, September 15, 2013

Starting to settle in

Thursday will be the one month mark of my time in Korea.

One month?! What?!

I feel like I have been here WAY longer.  In the past month I have met SO many people from around the world, eaten new foods almost every single day, started a new job, and (started) to learn my way around a new city.

It's been a busy, exhausting month.  

As I've mentioned before, I've had to relearn even the simplest of tasks (grocery shopping, taking out the trash, etc).  However, I feel like I am finally starting to settle in.  

My apartment building!

Garden patch right across from my building.  There are tons of apartments around my area, but there are also these patches of plants scattered throughout the area--it's pretty cool!

I'm finally starting to be able to piece together Jeomchon.  Don't get me wrong, I still have a long way to go, and I can still get lost really easily....but it's starting to come together.

I've also put in some time and money to making my apartment feel more like home.  I've been to Home Plus more times than I can count to buy little things to make this apartment feel like home.  It's amazing what a few simple touches will do.
Pictures, organizers, and a yoga mat!
I bought more pillows--way more comfortable than the one flat one that was here when I arrived.  I also got the lamp from one of the other English teachers.  
Have to have pictures on top of the TV, of course!


Pictures, pictures, pictures! I am fortunate to have so many wonderful memories with wonderful people.  
Got these pillows from another one of the teachers as well.  Nothing too beautiful, but much nicer than nothing at all!

I've also started to get to know some other people in the area a little better.  There is a good group of people here, and it's been nice to get to socialize a bit.  

Absolutely delicious Korean food. YUM!


All in all, things are starting to come together.  I have lots of learning to do still, but little by little I'm learning the ropes.

In the week ahead:
-2 days of school
-Trip to Ulsan to visit some friends from orientation
-Omija festival this weekend--AKA my first (of many) Korean festivals! Yay! 

Needless to say, I'm excited to see some friends and explore life outside of Jeomchon.  It could be a while before I update again, but until then, I love you all!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment