Monday, December 9, 2013

Finals week

This week is final exams at school.  I was sitting at my desk after lunch when my vice-principal, who doesn't speak English told me to "Go home!"  Ummm ok!  Being home by 1:00 is quite alright with me.

Although the past few weeks were pretty busy at work, weeks like this one remind me that really this gig isn't so bad.  After this week we have classes for two more weeks (why do have classes AFTER exams?), then I will have a few weeks where I think I am still teaching classes?  Even though it's technically not the school year? I haven't been able to get any straight answers about what exactly happens during this time, but the students have told me that they still "study" and come to school over vacation.  I mean, I don't know what I expected anyway.

But then in January, I get 10 paid working days of vacation! Woohoo! Right now plans are in the works for a trip to Thailand, and I couldn't be more excited.  Let's hope that everything can come together, because Southeast Asia is calling my name.


No comments:

Post a Comment