Monday, February 17, 2014

Figures...

For the next week and a half I will be teaching a one hour class every day.  The class was open to my students, so I wasn't entirely sure of how many students to expect today.

What did I get when I walked into the class this afternoon?

11 of my most rambunctious boys...and 1 girl.

Figures. 

But really, I had a great time with them this afternoon.  There's a lot of energy, but it was fun because they're students I can joke around with.  And since it's a small class, if I have problems with them there's plenty of room to split them up.  

Plus, I get to teach the class all on my own.  Don't get me wrong, my co-teachers are super nice, but it doesn't matter how well I get to know them, I'll never be comfortable having someone else watch me teach.  It felt awesome to have my own classroom today--it reminded me of what teaching was like back home.  I think I almost forgot how much I missed it.   

Plus, there's nothing more entertaining than having a bunch of teenage boys beg you to play "Let it go" from Frozen...things that just wouldn't happen in America.  

No comments:

Post a Comment